Type B gas appliance servicing
Course / qualification / unit code and title
CPCPGS4023B Install, commission and service Type B gas appliances
Type B gas appliance servicing course details
This course covers the skills and knowledge to install, test, adjust, commission and service Type B gas appliances. Learners will learn to identify, diagnose and rectify system faults in Type B appliances.
Participants must hold gas registration and/or licence.
Participants must hold a restricted electrical workers licence.
It is also recommended that learners are able to demonstrate language, literacy and numeracy skills equivalent to Level 3 and Level 4 of the Australian Core Skills Framework (ACSF).
All new entrants to this unit will be required to undergo a pre assessment of their language, literacy and numeracy designed to identify their level of ability against the ACSF and the ability to perform complex calculations.
Course delivery involves:
- One hundred and twelve (112) hours of trainer led learning and assessment over a sixteen (16) day duration, being two (2) days a week over an eight week period.
- plus approximately twenty six (26) hours self directed learning prior to/or during course attendance
The program is 138 hours in duration.
On successful completion of this course learners will be able to:
- follow safe work procedures relating to the installation, commissioning and servicing of Type B appliances
- install Type B gas appliances
- commission Type B gas appliances
- service Type B gas appliances
- identify and complete all relevant documentation.
Learners successfully completing this course will receive a Nationally Recognised Statement of Attainment.
Assessment for this course requires learners to:
- complete a theory assessment
- undertake a practical assessment to install, commission and service Type B gas appliances
- complete a written assignment; ‘Type B gas appliance submission’.
Refer to PICAC training calendar for current course fees.